View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 02:26 AM  
Jasmine2016
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Suitable treats for a 10 week old robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKMcK View Post
Hello Jasmine. You've gotten some great advice here. As for me, I never use the treats you see in the pets shops. Nuts and seeds are better for hamsters. So is the millet and oats. Vegetables are always a great hit with hammies and they are good for them. If a hamster never gets sweet sugary treats they never miss them. Check out this thread on safe foods for hamsters.

Go careful with veggies at first. You try one at a time and only a piece no bigger than your fingernail. This slow method of introducing veggies helps you see if one might be a problem for hammy. I wonder what your little furry will decide on as a favorite!

http://www.hamstercentral.com/wiki/S...ood_and_Plants

Edited to add:
Just noticed: The wiki site is down right now. Once it's back up you'll be able to see the foods list.
Thank you for the list, I was trying to find the list I had printed off for one of my previous hamsters and could not find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Just remember with those big bags of nuts it's enough to last a robo a couple of life times at least lol! They don't keep forever, a few months maybe in a cool dark place, so unless you're going to enjoy eating them too a bigger bag isn't always better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkneon View Post
True ... Most of Sweep's have disappeared because the humans keep eating them! Don't tell Sweep!
Good point! lol I'll try and find a smallish bag for her.
Your secret is safe with me pinkneon.
Jasmine2016 is offline   Reply With Quote