View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 05:04 AM  
Jasmine2016
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Suitable treats for a 10 week old robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrl20100 View Post
I think its because young animals have much more sensitive tummies than older ones. Like with young rabbits your advised against letting them eat lots of greenery as it can cause stomach problems.
I'm not sure what you can give her, but one thing my hamsters love is porridge oats and cornflakes! Make sure they have no sugar on them though.
Could be, my puppy had a very sensitive tummy when I first got him, as he has grown he doesn't suffer from upsets so much (thank goodness!)
I think I've still got some cheerios from when I had my gerbils, I'll see if she likes those. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Yogurt drops are mostly sugar & fat so I wouldn't bother to be frank, regardless of age!
I tend to stick to natural treats, millet sprays, sunflower & pumpkin seeds in the shell so they have to work for them, monkey nuts (one of those should last a while!) mine love porridge oats to, just a few dried as they come, small pieces of nut like walnut or brazil are good for hand feeding, I usually just chop up a few tiny pieces for them, other seeds like sesame, flax or hemp all make healthy treats.
If she doesn't have veg already some small pieces are kind of a treat although just part of their diet they don't know that lol!
She has just had her normal food up to now, I was waiting for her to settle before introducing stuff. I'll try her on a little bit of veg. I'll have to see if I can get some monkey nuts next time I go to the shops as well as some of the other things you mentioned.
As for the yogurt drops, they are only going to be an extra special treat occasionally, only 1 or 2 a month at the most probably.
Thank you.
Jasmine2016 is offline   Reply With Quote