View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:23 PM  
Hammyholic
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Some of my Roborovski

They are so so adorable. Gives me hope that I may be able to cuddle with Scamp my robo hehe

Somewhat slightly off topic and on the other side of scale where animals are concerned but I have horses and almost 3 years ago to the day, we bought Ollie, a Clydesdale cross (big chunky boy) who had basically lived most of his life on a livery yard. He was incredibly sociable with other horses, people and dogs and sound on the road with cars etc. He was used for riding lessons and young children frequently rode him. He was basically what we call "bomb proof" but when we moved him to ours, he became a completely different horse. He was skittish and very unpredictable just with us being in the field to the point that I was the only one brave enough to do the poop scooping as no one trusted that they wouldn't be trampled by him. Long story short...it turned out he was petrified of the cows and sheep in the neighbouring field!! He'd never been exposed to them at the livery; the more of our environment he was exposed to, the more of his skittish behaviour came to the fore. He was "bombproof" in his old environment because he was 100% at ease with his surroundings. I went to see him at a show before we bought him and he was the most laid back horse you'd ever encounter, even with all the hustle and bustle that comes with the territory. If I hadn't have seen him and ridden him at the livery, I would have never believed someone if they had've told me he was so laid back. He's now back to his old self and I use him for classes and demonstrations for bonding and eliminating fear - he even grazes in a field with our "pet" sheep, One-Eyed-Wally

Not sure where I was going with that story lol but when I read this post it made me think of Olls and I guess, if that's how your robos have been reared and it's all they know, it's not surprising they are fine with all of that activity. Still hard for me to imagine because my new robo bolts for cover at the sight of his own shadow lol but yours give me hope

Last edited by Hammyholic; 05-20-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Typo from iPhone:(
Hammyholic is offline   Reply With Quote