View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:20 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Good burrowing house?

I'd recommend that one too! I had it in Charlie's cage until recently (he now has an even bigger house lol!). It's quite tall but that means you can stand it on the base of the cage so it is secure and can't fall on them. I then put a couple of inches of substrate inside the house and pile the substrate round the outside of the house, so it looks like a lower house that is sitting on substrate This also has the effect of making the large door a bit smaller as the door is huge. If you put a bendy bridge over the door that makes it nice and dark inside and gives easy access to the roof which can be used as a shelf.

Also the roof lifts off so you can check the hoard etc inside without taking the house out, so you can leave the house part buried and the hammies nest stays in one piece.

I think the digging tower takes up a lot of space and isn't quite big enough for a syrian to turn around in.

I got mine from here - it's a bit cheaper than Amazon but there's about £2.95 postage on top. It's way too small for a rabbit.

Sin 4646 Wood House Rabbit

Here's a picture of it inside Charlie's old 80 x 50 cage

Still a fair bit of floor space in there plus the shelf, although better in his 100cm cage.

He now has a lower labyrinth house and I stuck legs on it so it sits above the substrate. That makes a good burrowing house because he can dig down below the house and tunnel under it.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 05-15-2016 at 01:28 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote