View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 09:14 PM  
Cujo
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Cujo
Default Re: Welcome Sterling (Archer)!!! Haul description and LONG update!!! :)

This is most of the stuff we got on the haul. Plus the two hammies and the pink critter trail. The critter trails are only temporary as they are *WAY* too small for permanent living. However the new winter white girlie is doing very well in hers. She does climb the bars a little, but she's very agressive and is scared very easily with only having one eye and one ear. She doesn't let it stop her per se, but I don't think she will ever be in a leveled cage, or have anything with tubes leading in an upward or downward direction. She has no sense of depth perception either, I have her wheel down low cause she tumbled out of it and gave a startled squeak when she went down, so I lowered it to bedding level so its practically in the bedding so she doesnt have to hunt for it. She has been startled a few times by her igloo, food bowl, and wheel, and she lashed out at it squeaking, and practically teleports backward. I'm gonna keep everything in relatively the same spot, so she knows where everything is, she has no sight or hearing on the left side of her. She is completely missing her ear and ocular structure. It doesn't seem to bother her, is clean, no pus or discharge from anywhere. I hung a metal ka-bob in the corner with one rice pop on it, she loves it and noses it around, and she has bitten onto the pop and 'shakes' it, ring the bell over and over again. I think she likes it.

The white syrian, Gwyn, has become very docile and curious. She is white with grey tipped ears, I think she's a panda. She is short haired but seems to have a short skirt in the back. She has red eyes, and a cute little tail. She loves to run on her wheel I would love reccomenations for wheels again, I never got to get them last time around for tiggs before he died. I think we will be getting Gwyn a tank, as she does chew a lot.

Each hamster has chew toys ALL OVER the place, lots of food, deep bedding, a place to hide, sleep, and nest, as you can see in the picture, I have containers of Oxbow Healthy Handfuls hamster food, Vitakraft Vitasmart Complete Nutrition hamster food, Vitaprima Dwarf Hamster formula, Browns Tropical Carnival Hamster foodmix, and Higgins Vita Garden food. So plenty of food.

I've got two packages of apple orchard sticks, large rice pops for the chinchilla, I break them or cut them into 4ths for the hamsters so it's manageable for them. I have Ecotrition Veggie puffs (not pictured), Oxbow biscuits, one with cranberry, one with red bell pepper (safe for both chin and hamsters), as well as Oxbow Freeze dried Banana slices and two bags of strawberry pieces, again safe for both chin and all hamsters, Sterling and the new female in STRICT moderation, and also Vitakraft strawberry yogurt drops for hamsters mainly for Gwyn. I will be ordering both the fruit and cheese flavored yogies from petco, as well as tiny friends farm food for the chinchilla. And shadow got a lava ledge....is that it???....I think that's it. *takes a deep breath*** phew.

Personal update: I still have the bronchitis, it's not gripping me as tightly as it was before, but I'm still coughing, and I have also gotten ringworm. It's not a worm, but actually a fungal infection. I got it from the chinchilla when he was having the thing on his face, that's what he had and he scratched me and has given it to me. I keep it covered and am putting cream on it twice a day every day. I will be going to the doctor because this has been with me for FAR too long and has got to go. So I'm gonna be asking for something stronger.

Anything else for right now,...not at the moment.
Any questions, comments, reccomendations?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160505_205021.jpg (94.2 KB, 6 views)
For recent pics and updates plese find us on Facebook!
Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote