View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 05:46 AM  
WinnieTheHam
Autumn Hamstery

Default Re: Are these what I think they are?

One copy from each parent. Darcy is banded, and Dante looks to be Dominant spot, although his body is mainly white so he could be banded as well as dominant spot, all the pups will be patterned and silver grey is dominant so all pups will be silver grey with a double pattern because patterns are dominant so they will be banded/dominant spot. You could get other colours, for example if Darcy carries black you could get some blacks in the litter. There could be other colours depending on what they both carry, but we won't be able to know until the pups coats come through.

They may not both carry the Wh gene, but eyeless white pups I've heard can make great pets if the owner is knowledgeable on hamsters. They're blind so they need a special 1 level cage and the toys and accessories must be kept the same (in the same place) at all times because they will create a map of their cage in their minds, which helps them get around better. They can have teeth problems and will most likely need vet visits and regular trimming, and a special diet. Sometimes though it's best to help them to the bridge. I'm not experienced with eyeless whites so hopefully someone who has had to deal with them before will give you more knowledge on them.