View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 04:34 PM  
Lizwig
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Thoughts on Hamster Harnesses?

I feel that I should have clarified that I am at university and I am currently renting a room in student accommodation. The size of the room is really small, there's just enough room for me to walk around the bed let alone store anything. And what storage I do have I have to prioritise for my art supplies (Pencils, Pens, Paints, Sketchbooks, theory books, inks, etc) as I'm doing an illustration degree.

Donny's cage as it is takes up the window ledge. And I've already been wanting to modify it too, as I do not like the orange barred shelf because it's bending in the middle and doesn't allow Donny to optimum space to wander up top. (Thinking about getting a panel of wood to measurement and cutting a hole in one bit for his tunnel to fit in making a connection between top and bottom areas.)

I've tried electrical tape on his ball and he still manages to get out of it and go running for under the bed. I can't risk him doing that because he will likely cause damages to the room with chewing that I'll be fined for.

I did mention before that maybe in September It may be better. I'm moving across to another building and getting a bigger room. (And a bigger desk for myself, thank god) but an idea of a harness would make a okay, temporary solution to my problem for the months till then.

It would also let me feel a bit more relaxed with Donny when he walks around on my bed. He has a habit of making a bee-line without hesitation for the gap between the wall and bed.

Lastly maybe I should have specified the type of harness? I know there's the ones which it's all just one string which loops around twice (which I agree looks rather sketchy.) But a vest harness looks a lot more safer and comfortable to me.

(Plus purple is Donny's colour. Bonus points to whoever guesses the reason why.)
Lizwig is offline   Reply With Quote