View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 07:48 AM  
Cujo
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Cujo
Default Re: Welcome Sterling (Archer)!!!

The haul went well. We didn't find a new friend, none of the hams there quite fit. I almost adopted a Syrian though. But he didn't look well, if he's still there when we go again, I will take him home to live out the rest of his days cozily. We got lots of supplies, tons of different chews, and two new kinds of treats. Oxbow biscuits with cranberry in them. Good for both sterling and shadow.

Sterling has 3 chew sticks, a small tube, two wheels, two igloos, I've been scatter feeding him, his bedding is about 4 inches deep, and he has a new chew toy, but he is *still* bar chewing. He has chewed through the paint on the top bar all around the top of the sides of his cage and is down to metal.

I've been taking him out daily, he loves pockets, and I put on my fleece zip up hoodie and I put him in my pocket and go about my day. He washes up in my pocket and pokes his head out, relaxing. When I sit I take him out and let him crawl about. He seems to enjoy it.

Shadow is doing very well, he is much more trusting and will come out, jumping onto my shoulder and hanging out there. He is letting us hold him for longer periods of time, we will be getting a playpen for him soon, there isn't really a room here at my parents house that's safe for him to run free. We do lay on either side of the bed and stuff dirty clothes down the foot, and let him explore on top of the bed.

I am now working at the local Target. Sadly, I am still sick, the bronchitis is still with me, I'm still coughing quite a lot despite all the medication. I will be going back to the doctor again....grr. Ryan has also gotten another job here in town, so things are getting better.
For recent pics and updates plese find us on Facebook!
Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote