View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 03:04 AM  
Abileviosa
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Mamble 100 Hamster/Rat cage review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I know it's a pain! Yes the string could be chewed through I guess - depends if you have a chewy hamster lol. Normal string wouldn't be safe to chew but string made from sisal is ok and craft shops tend sell paper string which is quite strong. I don't think she would chew it if she has plenty of other things to chew on - you'd just need to keep an eye out for chewing I guess - and unlikely she would purposefully chew all four corners at the same time lol!

This stuff looks good to me - I might get some myself

https://www.amazon.co.uk/East-India-...s=paper+string

A lot of things sold for hamsters aren't suitable (usually too small) but with having a rat cage you have rat sized things which is great! I have to buy rat sized toys etc for our Syrian.

She should have a nice soft landing if there's plenty of depth of substrate too It looks like a great fun home for her!
Yeah i already have and use sisal string in the cage, mainly for tying up treats but looks like I've got an even better use now!! I'm a bit worried though that it won't be as sturdy and if she does chew it, it may fall with her in or on the ladder/tubes. I'll have to see if I can't work around it somehow. She is quite a chewer, she's great with the hammocks (they're all still intact) but she still gnaws at the bars if the cage!! No idea why she still does this as she can't be bored !! And she has plenty of chew toys!

She has plenty of deep substrate, I use carefresh and softwood shavings. No problems with these so far!!
Abileviosa is offline   Reply With Quote