View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 01:40 AM  
Abileviosa
Newborn Pup

Default Mamble 100 Hamster/Rat cage review

I upgraded my lovely marina from her DIY bin cage/pets at home medium wire cage to this in January. I haven't looked back. My reasons for changing were; the bin cage, despite two mesh panels, got stinky pretty quickly, and the pets at home wire cage had a small hole which was steadily getting bigger every night that my hamster was in it. I will attach pictures of both cages in the comments section. As much as I did love her original housing system I just found it difficult to clean and, well, I wanted to spoil my girl.

I ordered the Mamble 100 from amazon UK for £39.99. it arrived quickly and I was shocked at the size of it, the box it came in was massive and I began to wonder if I even had the room for it ( I did). Putting it together was difficult, it is flat packed and the wire top is fiddly. I did it wrong the first time without realising and ended up closing big gaps with wire, a few weeks later I realised my mistakes, took off the wire and re-built the cage. PERFECT!! Marina, my 15mo Syrian hamster loves her cage. It came with four large rat size tubes, a shelf, a litter tray, a bottle and a food dish. The litter tray currently hands off the cage as another platform/sandbath. The shelf that came with it has a lip all around so can hold bedding.. I cover this with carefresh.

The cage is massive. I easily fit in one of the 12'' Trixie wheels (from amazon, a fab wheel and basically silent) two suspension ladders, a few hammocks, and an array of toys. Also, because of the size and fantastic ventilation of the cage, it rarely smells. I empty out her potty every four or five days (it is a dish of chinchilla sand, and it works wonders for controlling the scent) and clean her cage when it needs cleaning. For cleaning I just lift off the top cage part, empty and disinfect the plastic base and then re fill. Easy! The top wire cart is very heavy and difficult to lift, but I just about manage.

Marina is much happier. I was initially worried because it is such a tall cage, but with well placed hammocks and extra wooden shelves we are doing well so far!! The clips are also quite flimsy, I broke a few but managed to get a replacement from an online pet store. Another point worth mentioning is that a lot of the gaps between bars, especially under the doors, are quite big, over 1cm. Marina hasn't escaped from these, and the only escape we've had so far was when my sister left the cage door open. We found marina sleeping in my wardrobe, in her old bin cage.....

Point is, mamble 100 is fab and for £40, go for it!!
Abileviosa is offline   Reply With Quote