View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: How to help a hamster lose weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFairy123 View Post
Ok so let me try to cover everything . I already scatter feed her but I am suspecting maybe I give her too much food . I will definitely try to give her more veggies but I am afraid she might get diarrhoea . Minnie's not a huge fan of the hamster ball but I make her go in there occasionally and she has a wheel where her back isn't arching .
I have a playpen but she always tries to escape from in there . I will also try to feed her less yoghurt drops .
Okay,don't make her do something she isn't interested in.That only puts strain onto your bond with her which creates more problems than just her weight!Scatter feeding is great,keep it up.Maybe feed her daily mix as a small amount scattered.Then,have daily fresh vegetables but be mindful of which ones have more water content and feed those sparingly.If you feed the right vegetables in moderation,there are very few health concerns.Possibly cut out yogurt drops completely and go for fruit instead as a sweet treat,but of course that is something that should be fed no more often than every 3-4 days if not weekly.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote