View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 05:57 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: What do you feed your hamsters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Where do people get their mealworms from by the way? I did buy the Rodipet power cocktail (mixed dried insects) and Charlie initially went for it like a lemming, but it did have quite a strong smell and he backed off a bit after a while.
I've had the cocktail from rodipet & the Mucki mix from zooplus both of which go down well for just plain mealworms I like these from viovet.
There's no guarantee with mealworms that they're worth buying really which is a shame, but at least those have a GA which is quite rare, I've tried keeping live ones but don't exactly enjoy doing it, I'm hopeless at killing things lol! Some cheap ones are fed rubbish & may even be kept on news print which the worms will eat so don't really provide anything much in the way of good nutrition for hams.

Most dried mealworms smell a bit like old socks but I think it's the other insects in the mix that pong the most!
I do sometimes get mealworms & crickets from Ratrations too.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote