Thread: Free play
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 11:12 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Free play

I would ensure that there is nothing for your hamster can chew such as wires, fabric, furniture (which you don't want chewed), nothing in which your hamster can get stuck in such as furniture (so your hamster can't climb inside and you will find it difficult to get out. Also make sure there is no door in which anyone can come in at could hit your hamster.

I divide my bedroom in half with a playpen so Sherbet has the safe part of my room. Where Sherbet pees when she is out I've cut a cardboard box so she can pee inside that and not on my carpet. Also areas in which she chews the carpet I've put cardboard so she can't. I've also used extendable tunnel behind a storage box with her toys in (but you could do that behind a piece of furniture).

Also I have a small table that I've put some toys, chews and cardboard boxes beneath for her to play in.

Also my hamster likes me to sit with her when she has her free play as otherwise she will climb over the playpen divider to find me, So Sweep might like you to sit with him if he having free play time.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote