View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:03 AM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: What do you feed your hamsters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I've only ever kept dwarf hams & I've always fed dwarf specific mixes as they really do prefer the small seeds & aren't too keen on the big chunky bits you get in syrian mixes & the protein content is often a bit higher.

What I feed is a bit complicated! I've been through a fair few mixes & though some of them are good I've never been completely happy with them so I'm slowly moving them onto my own mix (not totally happy with that yet either but I'm getting there!) so they have a combination of these mixes.
cypher's chinese take away, that's not the entire recipe as I already had some ingredients that I added in myself but it gives you an idea, cypher's chinese (was supposed to be called something else but there was a glitch somewhere!), Myps dwarf magic, Ratrations dwarf basic with additional animal protein & a little of a couple of other mixes which I'm just using up really, Bunny dwarf hamster dream & a Rodipet dwarf mix.

Eventually it will be just my own mix & a bit less complicated lol!

ETA I forgot to say about veg, I feed mine a little every day & they get a tiny bit of tofu too which they love.
Oooh I didn't know about tofu! Do you just give it straight out the packet or do you cook it? If I can find a nice recipe somewhere for making tofu taste nice then I'd probably get some for us and let Sweep have a little too
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote