Thread: Fir substrate?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:02 AM  
hamtarokid
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Fir substrate?

Wow, thanks for all the replies, guys!

Thankfully, I've seen paper substrates in the pet stores I've looked at so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll go ahead and put two sand baths in the cage (planning on getting a Detolf so it should be good space-wise) so hopefully she will use one of them as a toilet and my cage will stay fresh.

I don't really know how much substrate I will need in practice. Those prices seem like a lot but they might not be compared to buying smaller bags more often. I think I'll start out with paper substrate from the store and see how much I'm using, or at least see the Detolf in person to get an idea of its size, then decide if ordering online is financially reasonable.

Also, funny story, I asked a friend about pet stores here in Tokyo because of a suggestion in response to another post I made (I was trying to find mealworms) (no luck), and ended up applying to a job at Kojima, a pet store that is listed in Serendipity's pet shops link. I have an interview Friday. :P So that'll be nice if that happens! Just funny how that worked out. (I think the job mainly involves puppies.) (I want it a lot.)
hamtarokid is offline   Reply With Quote