View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 03:03 PM  
hrl20100
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Yellow specs round ears?

Went to the vets, vet didnt really know what it was!

She said to me to get some canesten ointment/cream from the pharmacy and to put a little onto his ears and a tiny tiny bit on his nose twice a day (morning and eve) for two to three weeks. The cream is actually treatment for thrush!!! for humans! But she said it has antifungal properties in it which should hopefully sort him out.

If it doesn't seem to be working, or it gets worse she said she'll think of something else for us to try. She was talking about it maybe being ringworm, but there is no where were he could have caught it from or anything like that.

She thinks its very strange whatever it is!! Cost me nothing though for that visit!

Vet left him traumatized again though... I just dont think he likes being picked up in a towel! He didnt scream or wriggle or anything when she handled him, but when I put him back in his cage he sat there frozen for about 5 minutes, then moved super slowly around his cage and went to bed. He's doing good now though!

Here's hoping the treatment works. He's been very good when it comes to me putting it on his ears and nose though! No bites yet! Not even wriggling away from me! Maybe he knows he gets a small treat after each treatment though...