View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 04:45 AM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: I want a dwarf :/

Serendipity has a good suggestion in getting a single robo as they are the most entertaining dwarf in most cases, however it depends on what your looking for in a hamster? Robos are generally more hands off, mine likes to take treats and sometimes sits on my hand and is cute. But no cuddle time.

A Russian is more likely to let you pick them up. If you want more hands on time with your hammie I'd get a Russian. I just prefer Russians over Winter Whites but both of these species are nice. I have a Winter White too.

It seems usually that Russians and Winter Whites get more attached to their owners but my robo seems to want plenty of attention too but when I have her in a taming bin, 5 minutes later she wants to go back in her cage. Where the Russians will run around in exercise balls and are slower animals, easier to handle.

As far as them being aggressive you can pick one out at the pet store or wherever you are adopting from and I'd pick out the most energetic and the one who seems most interested in you to reduce the chances of a biter. But it all depends on the individuality of the hamster. Out of 4 of my dwarves, only 1 is a biter.
Cinnamon Bear is offline   Reply With Quote