View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 09:53 PM  
tgsachris
Newborn Pup

Default Re: How to deal with worms?

Back, been to long since I posted again, sorry about that, anyway the vet (Over the phone) said she had a hookworm, and that is really unusual for a dwarf hamster and normally hamsters dont get those, (She even called up another vet to make sure it wasn't a mistake) She has most likely had the thing since I got her (Meaning I am never shopping at that pet smart again) and is only showing symptoms now.
I asked her what I could do and she asked me to come back in and gave her medication (It was included in the visit thank God) and over night Rose is like, back to normal, pretty sure the worm aint dead she said it would take a few weeks but Rose is already climbing up and down her cage again. The only thing she hasn't done oddly enough is knock over her wheel, that's usually the first thing on her to do list, but she runs like crazy in it.

She is super energetic again, I can't describe how happy I am to see her like that.

I also just realized I never formerly introduced her on this site, I need to get on that.