View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 08:45 AM  
RubyDG
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Cage tour of 100cm Barney cage

I really like the idea of labyrinth houses but I think I'm less keen on them than I was in the beginning. I do think (for a Syrian at least) that you need a really massive labyrinth house for it to be worthwhile. I got the Trixie Cabin Leif Labyrinth house but I really had to modify it before Spike was happy with it. I removed the floor as soon as I got it and he was okay with the house at first but as he got bigger and older he eventually stopped using it until I removed some of the internal walls to make the chambers bigger - it was just too small. At the moment the inside looks like this:

On the right he had his litter tray but that's been taken out as he is now using the ground floor entrance and has blocked off everything else. Basically it's now just a 2 room house. At the moment I'm contemplating removing the ramp to free up that 3rd chamber but I'm not certain he'd even use it.

So while I really like the idea of labyrinth houses I'm hesitant about ever getting one that has too many rooms unless it's a really massive house - the kind of massive that's just not practical when you have a 100cm cage. All that being said I do like the Getzoo one Cypher linked, It seems nice and versitile as you can remove the middle wall if you need to and give him loads of space. But I do wonder if it may be better just to buy a large single chamber house and DIY a dividing wall?