View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 05:38 PM  
Mollie and Sassy
Newborn Pup

Lightbulb Re: How to recapture an escaped hamster

This is a great idea and tried it but didn't work. I have lost and found sassy (my hammy) 6 times. She is very smart and she knows when to come out, what not to go in as she has been out so many times and knows most of our tricks, but there is one thing that she always falls for. If she hasn't had enough water. We have a humane rat trap and have used it a couple times and it does work if you put a water bottle where the lever is.

You can buy one on Amazon.co.uk, it is called big cheese humane rat trap (or something like that). Very useful tool, and worth the money as you get your furry little friend back. I also have found a method that without fail works, If you get a phone, a camera or anything with a lot of storage left on it, set it up on the main area of your home and leave all the doors open, Place some food where the camera has been set up (so you have the food in the view of the camera screen) and record over night but make sure its a smelly food like cucumber or cheese but i like to put a bit of broccoli down as sassy loves it.

Make sure you have view of most of your doors so you know which room she/he goes in last and then narrow it down to the room he/she has gone in, last step is a bucket trap or as I like to use. The Humane Rat Trap. If this doesnt work, I would stay up all night with facetime or skype going through the house on 2 devices with a torch so i can leave it dark, once spotted the escapee, i will calmy go down to where he/she is, bringing the facetime or skype with me so i can watch where she has run off too, and i will use my playpen to stop her getting out of where she is. Then that is when I know I have her back. This is a lot to go through but i dont know what i would do without my little sassy.
Mollie and Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote