View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 07:57 PM  
tgsachris
Newborn Pup

Default How to deal with worms?

Hi, been a while since I posted, I recently posted some stuff about my dwarf hamster Rose. She was cold, breathing heavily, and lethargic. From what research I could find, and after describing it over the phone to the vet it seemed like she was suffering from hibernation sickness. She wouldn't eat or drink so I gave her water and food via a syringe for a few days and kept her warm like the vet and some others on here said to do, and as soon as a time opened I took her to the vet and got her medication.

Briefly she started doing a lot better, her breathing is back to normal she has more energy and she is eating and drinking on her own again. But then I noticed another troubling sign.She was eating nearly twice as much as she used to, if that wasn't bad enough she stumbled to her bowl of water (I gave her a bowl because she couldn't reach the tube anymore) drank it all then back flipped (Literally) back into her food dish and continued eating, I would record some of this strange behavior but it is so seemingly random I cant catch her with my phone in hand. I have only ever heard of eating problems like this once and as if on cue the vet called and told me she has worms.
after the last 150$ bill I can't afford to go back, is there anyway to maybe threat worms at home?