View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 01:42 AM  
RubyDG
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Hamster bowl or bottle?

I used a bottle with Spike for ages and he hated it. Nothing wrong with the water bottles but just as a personal hammy thing he just doesn't like them. I switched to using a bird water gravity feeder which he loves but I'm not totally happy with it because it doesn't refill properly so the water evaporates quickly. I've now decided to go for a bowl instead but of course it's finding the right bowl - as Cypher said it has to be heavy enough and small enough that he can't either climb into the bowl or tip it over. One of the forum members here uses the 'Wonderland Dinner Table' from Zooplus - you can see it in her thread here. It seems to be a good way to make sure it doesn't get accidentlly tipped over so that's one of the things I'm currently looking at. Also looking at trying to find a bowl similar to this but in the UK: Rodipet Bowl.

Honestly though if it wasn't for my hamster's preferences I'd probably stick to a water bottle. It's overall less of a fuss but some people do prefer bowls due to them being a bit more natural for the hamster. So I agree with Cypher that trying both and seeing how your hamster gets on with them would be a good idea