Thread: Meet Rupert!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 10:21 AM  
rosegold
Newborn Pup

Default Meet Rupert!

So we wanted to adopt but there were no syrian hamsters in our area, so we went in to Pampurred Pets. We were shown 5 syrians, apparently all boys. They were all lovely but I fell in love with Rupert straight away when he didn't want to go back in his shop cage after being shown to us! I was pretty impressed with how the hamsters were cared for in our local Pampurred pets as they all had their own glass cages (unlike in PaH where their were 2-4 syrian hammies all in small cages). Although still on the small side, the hamsters did still have enough space for a flying saucer wheel as well as their food, houses, and drinks. Which is awesome cause it meant Rupert already knew how to use his flying saucer wheel! Anyway, we took him home yesterday morning, popped him in his Alaska cage and he had a good look around for about 30 minutes rearranging tissue bedding and food, and then he went off to bed. He woke up at about 7 and was playing with his saucer wheel and cardboard tube, and then throughout the night kept coming to the side of the cage as if to say hello to me This morning when I ate breakfast he came over to the side of the cage again, and so I gave him a piece of his food and he happily took it from my hand, ate his seed and went off to bed where he still is now So I am thinking (and hoping!) that this is a sign that he's settling in well with us. He's my first hamster so it's great getting used to all his behaviours. My husband wasn't too sure about a hamster but since seeing him be so active last night he's in love with Rupert too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12508774_952203801494409_3107140539546631910_n.jpg (78.9 KB, 32 views)
rosegold is offline   Reply With Quote