View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 11:20 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Miss Little Pumpkin Spice Latte

Love the new photos, she is just so adorable
I think she'd enjoy that wooden toy too, looks like fun for a chinese!
I use the same hammocks, corner crushes & snooze cubes that Fluffagrams posted the link too, all are very popular, anything similar could work, a nice dark cosy place to hang out, I usually put some substrate or shredded tissue in mine & hide some of the food in there for them to forage for although Zephyr used to collect up her food & take it to her hammock to eat herself.
If the space seems a bit too much for her in her bin I find just filling it with simple things like cardboard egg boxes work really well, another nice place to hide out, forage & they sometimes like to chew on them too. Coconuts make great little hideouts for them too.
Favourite seeds with mine tend to be things like flax, hemp, perilla & millet but they do enjoy the larger seeds too, pumpkin is a big favourite. Just like any other species they have individual likes & dislikes too so I'm sure you'll find out soon enough & she should do fine with your own mix I would think.
As for body language I do find being so long it's actually easier to see if they are a bit nervous as they tend to flatten themselves & stretch out rather than readily just going to something, it's quite clear to see, otherwise if they are nervous they just tend to hide, mostly I've found mine to be timid but brave at the same time if that makes sense!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote