View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 12:42 PM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Miss Little Pumpkin Spice Latte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekomi View Post
Thanks Fluffagrams! She is a bit shy, but shows definite progress thus far. Her foster mum told me she'd pee on her when held, but has not peed on me yet. I think she isn't quite so sure about the whole "handling" bit but she is definitely getting better. Not so keen on taking treats from me either. She has nice deep substrate right now - I posted a link to a possible climbing toy for her - thoughts? I have a friend who has rats so I've asked her if she will help me make her a small hammock. I assume one of the pouch like hammocks is probably best to give her a nice dark space?
The climbing toy you posted is something I could see Lady May playing with as she's got something a little bit similar that she likes at playtime. In terms of hammocks, something that gives them somewhere to hide is nice and both of mine will go up there in the evening just to chill. These are the ones we use and although they're a UK based company, it should give you an idea on what could work.

Quote:
Hah! Okay I will definitely crush her lab blocks a bit more. Any advice on what seeds they like best?
Both of mine adore sunflower hearts and pumpkin seeds but they're also partial to a bit of millet, particularly if you leave it on the spray.

Quote:
We have her in a 66L Really Useful Box right now... hah might have given her a bit too much space at first. I'm not sure what I should do about that - her previous bin was a lot bigger so maybe this is okay? I do have smaller I could put her in as well.
Both of mine live in 64L Really Useful Boxes and that suits them quite well and providing she's not too skittish and nervous then she's probably fine where she is providing she has lots of places to hide and retreat to.

Chineseys really do steal your heart don't they and those are beautiful photos. She really is a little stunner.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote