View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 07:18 AM  
hamsterica
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Sick hammy - Need opinions

Thank you everyone for the advice

Last night whilst in bed, I heard her have a long drink from her water bottle which I think is a good sign! I waited until she was finished and went into the room so she could drink without being disturbed. She came up to the cage door and i opened it and she climbed right out and started exploring the room! I offered her some of her solid hamster food and as usual she greedily grabbed it all and stuffed it into her pouches. On two occasions today I think i have heard her eating the food in her bed, although i can't see it but can hear her crunching something. I checked her 10 minutes ago and offered her a bit more baby food which she gobbled up and then curled up and went straight back to sleep.

Later on I will rearrange her cage as although i have already restricted her to one of the two hamster heavens she has, i think the pink platform is too high and will remove that. If I believe she stops eating again, i will definitely try mashing up her food with water, and possibly purchasing some of the biscuits racinghamster suggested.

Fingers crossed she stays healthy, and i'm going to keep a very close eye on her in the near future to make sure she is happy and able to do 'Hamstery things'. Once again, thank you all for the advice, it's been very helpful!
hamsterica is offline   Reply With Quote