View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: P@H silent spinner review

Pets At Home have done well to introduce this wheel, albeit smaller then the original silent spinner. I agree about the plastic stand. These tend to make the wheel `tilt slightly forward`, therefor, could fall forward if the base became unsteady, so using a metal Rody wheel stand is the cure. These are available on sites like Pet Supermarket for around £2.99p. I bought one a while ago and have an original silent spinner wheel attached to it. Works a treat.

What I always do with silent spinner wheels, is add a spot of superglue between the splits, where the wheel clips together? I prize the sections apart using a thin knife and add a spot of superglue in each and then lie the wheel face down and place a heavy book on each end until the glue sets. Doesn`t take long. I usually leave the wheel a day for any glue smells to clear, although superglue doesn't have a strong smell anyway, it`s better to allow for that time to let the glue set really hard. WARNING: Always wear rubber surgical gloves if using superglue!

I feel this might make the wheel quitter. The original silent spinners could make a similar `rattling` sound especially if the hamster was heavier than a robo! Doing this just makes the wheel that bit more quiet. You don`t need to of course, but I always do this IF the wheel rattles. It`s usually the two split parts clanging together, so gluing stops them doing that.

Looks like Pets At Home are onto a winner with this wheel though, well done! x