Thread: Bar chewing?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 06:49 PM  
PicoloChelsea
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Bar chewing?

Hi, my Syrian is a big cage chewer, we have upgraded her cage three times now, she has two cages connected along with going in her ball every day for exercise, she has one place in specific she chews, we recently put a dangly toy blocking the area she chews and she stopped for about a week but today she started chewing somewhere else, we are trying to get a bigger cage but are not sure if this is the cause as we have upgraded the cages a lot, we have 7 cages for our hamsters at the moment which is killing space in our house aswell haha. I suggest trying to put hanging toys in the area your hamster chews ( if they have a specific place ) and try moving it to their new spot if they get one, this is what I plan to do.
I tell her off when she does it ( I know it sounds silly haha but she usually actually listens and stops chewing the bars for a bit atleast )
She also has about 12 chew toys in her cage and barely touches any of them! all different kinds of chews aswell, some flavoured some not etc. I've found that my Russian dwarf and robos don't chew, but Syrians are bigger chewers.

I hope this helps a bit atleast with what I have been practising and will let you know if I work out anything that helps

Stay safe x
PicoloChelsea is offline   Reply With Quote