View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 11:18 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Mamble or Barney

I have a mamble & agree you'd probably do better with something like the Barney or Alexander, the mamble is a really nice size but the height does make safety quite a challenge!
The main advantage of the mamble is that it does have larger doors, the barney & alexander do have really tiny doors which can make access to your ham or getting things in or out of the cage, spot cleaning etc difficult without having to take the top off, unfortunately the only cages with large doors tend to be smaller like the alaska, hamster heaven or savic mickey or taller like the mamble or borneo (only available from Germany) so you need to think about what's more important for you & your ham & give some thought to how you plan to set up the cage.

By plastic homes I guess you mean houses for sleeping in? I would definitely avoid plastic, go for a wooden one, you may need to paint the inside with plastikote to protect it from being peed on but they are a lot healthier than plastic & most plastic ones tend to be too small anyway.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 12-20-2015 at 11:40 PM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote