View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 09:42 PM  
amorechiquitos
Newborn Pup

Post Taming? Hiccups? Overeating?

I have syrian hamster. His name is jimine. He is nearly 5 months old. I have few questions and i hope someone can help me with these. Ii first bought him when he is 2 months old.

1. Yet till now he still doesnt tame. Ive tried putting my hand inside the cage but he still doesnt respond to me. He did respond by climbing up my hand only during the midnight. But he climbed up just because he want to get out from the cage. Not because he respond to me. He doesnt stay still on my palm which is he run all the way up to my shoulders.

2. Am i overfeed him? I feed him 3 times a day; morning when i woke up, after i got back from class which evening and night before i got back to sleep. Everytime i refill the food he will quickly go to his food bowl and swallowed everything up. He kept them in his pouches. If hes sleeping and i refill his food bowl he would wake up and go fill his pouches with food and go back to sleep.

3. He hiccups. I noticed this last 5 days. Ive searched the way to cure him is by massage his below stomach. But how do i do that if hes still doesnt respond to me..im afraid is it dangerous for him to hiccups?

4. He literally had a number 8 body shape. Big stomach and small head. Is this normal? Or should i take him to the vet? is it because he overeating or disease?
amorechiquitos is offline   Reply With Quote