Thread: Unwell hammy.
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:38 PM  
Hamsteh
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Unwell hammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velma View Post
Hi. I'm really sorry i missed your first post & by the time I've seen your second that it's been bad news but your mum did the right thing taking her to the vet. Poor poorly little ham.

For future hams, I Wouldn't have the lights on at her tank all night as it will confuse her body clock but apparently they can't see red light so your mum coils maybe put some red LEDs by the tank?

I've not had to sterilise after illness so I can't help you with that but I know someone will.

I look forward to meeting your hamster when you're ready to post
Hiya, thanks for your reply. That's good to hear, thanks. : ) Yeah I was pretty insistent that she should see a vet, without trying to stress my mum. I offered to pay if need be. (She had an expensive one this month with one of our dogs getting mild kennel cough... Despite being vaccined haha!) I was really hoping she'd be sent home with antibiotics.

That's really helpful about the red light! Actually they're RGB LEDs so we can just change the setting. I thought that would be the case with the light but my dad can be pretty stubborn. We settled on a dim amber shade in the end. They weren't in the whole time we had her anyway, think he put them in about a week ago.

Oh and thanks! I'll work on that post tomorrow. I'm into photography so I already have a couple nice pictures of her. ^^
Hamsteh is offline   Reply With Quote