View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 08:29 AM  
herbi7
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Tell me all the pros/cons of girls vs. boys :)

Willow is a girl Syrian and a real handful, but she has such a gentle affectionate sweet nature I wouldn't swap her for the world. She is 22 months now so not as interested in boys as she was, but the upsetting thing I found about having her was every time she came into heat she would be like a hamster on speed... this is because in the wild it's the girls who go out and find the boys, not the other was round. I felt it was kind of torture for her not to b able to explore further, she was always desperate to escape through any tiny air hole or crack. She has calmed down a bit now but still has to run around every night for a good hour. She was never very smelly, they have a sort of musky smell when they are in heat but i never found it unpleasant and she is a very clean ham by nature so her living quarters are always spotless. She is basically gorgeous but hard work. My next ham will hopefully be lazier . But I'd miss my Willow-kisses... always given in passing at high speed! She buts her nose into my face and squeaks happily before rushing off to be busy!
herbi7 is offline   Reply With Quote