View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 AM  
Tildauk
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Tell me all the pros/cons of girls vs. boys :)

I have had loads of syrian hamsters both boys and girls and while they are both different I have found that their personal personalities rather than gender traits make the most of the difference. I have had snugglers that are girls and zippy quick explorers that are boys.

All my hamsters have been roughly the same size so can't really comment to difference in size and as to the smell I have never had a lady (or boy for that matter) ham that smelt much at all. Girls you have to sniff them regularly to check for pyro but even then to be honest mine haven't been that strong. I actually love smelling my hams backs (I pretend they are furry moustaches lol) because they always smell like the essence of snuggling in a duvet to me (and its SO SOFT)- and my hams have always been very good natured and not minded walking along my arm under my nose with me going "look at my hamstache" .

I have never gone looking for a particular gender but always got the ham that climbed onto me first or looked particularly cheeky and I have got a complete mix that way.

I have loved them all however the ones that have been the particular stars over time are the ones that had lots of handling prior to getting them. I would ways get a hamster from a private breeder or rescue where the hamsters have been trained to be happy with being held.
Tildauk is offline   Reply With Quote