View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:10 PM  
Miint
Newborn Pup

Exclamation My robos are fighting! Please help!

I have 3 female robo hamsters. They have been together for a little over a year now. They lived in a large tank(I believe it is a 30 gallon tank. I bought it for my syrian) and I made sure that there was (more than) enough food and everything available for them. I had learned that trio is not a good number to have as they might end up picking on one of them but they had been doing perfectly fine. I would hear squeaks and see them fight like once in a long while but it was never serious and would last for like 5 seconds. They always sleep together even if I provide many housings. They got along really well.

Vanilla, the smallest one of the three, had always been the most active one. She would always be the only one running around the cage while the other two are hiding in the house waiting for me to turn off the light and go to sleep. I thought that she was just being active. It had been like this ever since. But recently I had noticed that she became really skinny. I added a lot of food. Way more than enough and she IS ALWAYS eating. Until now I still don't understand why is she the skinniest/smallest one of the three when she's always out eating.

Just about half an hour ago I heard really loud squeaks and I saw Chestnut and Vanilla fighting. They were basically merged together and I couldn't tell what was going on. They were not moving/flipping around but just there merged into a ball making loud squeaks. I used a toy in the cage to separate them and I noticed that Vanilla was bleeding around her nose. I basically freaked out.

I moved her out of the cage and put her in a small cage (5gallon.) She walked around the cage for a bit and I noticed that her left back leg was also injured. I'm not sure if it broken or just bitten. I really can't tell. It doesn't look very new and she can still move around and run on the wheel. I cannot afford the vet. I had been to the vet a few times and it costed me at least $200 EVERY TIME. I cannot afford that anymore. I want to know what I can do for her. It looks like she's hurting. And she looks very lonely and afraid. I'm sure this is probably the first time in her entire life being by herself. Right now she's sleeping in the corner with her bloody nose.

Is there anything I can apply to help her ease/clean/heal the wound? Will she die of loneliness? I'm really afraid because I had Syrian hamsters and when I had to separate my Hanii from her babies, she died off wet tail a month later. She looked very lonely and sad and I assumed it was due to being separated from her babies?? It could be due to pregnancy. I'm not very sure but I'm really afraid right now. I don't know if the other two will start a fight among themselves.. Is there anything I can do? Please help

Last edited by Vectis Hamstery; 12-08-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Miint is offline   Reply With Quote