View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 02:44 PM  
Bertiebobbins
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Guide to suitable hamster Wheels

OMG how much does Nibble love the Wobust wheel! We gave it to him during his out of cage time yesterday and he tried to drag it to his cage lol of course no camera handy.... Finally we found an accessory that makes Nibble look small! So much more spacious than the 11"/28cm Trixie. He's definitely running in it more aswell, I'd begun to notice I didn't hear his wheel as much at night (he won't run in front of us usually!)

Build wise, the wodent wheel is far superior in quality to the trixie wheels, they are pricier but definitely worth it. I'm definitely going to get Glowy a wobust one In time, his trixie is fine but he is going to be big when he's done growing!

For reference, Nibble is pretty much full grown, very long and weighs 260g at the mo, he is a big ham. Glowy is 10 weeks and weighs 150g already.

Fixing wise, basically if your ham is big enough to need a wobust Wodent wheel you need a big cage, it really is a big wheel! Nibble's cage is 100x50cm and I had to rearrange a bit to fit everything in. I hung it from the cage ceiling, it's not very quiet the way I did it but I'm not sleeping in the same room so I don't care!
Bertiebobbins is offline   Reply With Quote