Thread: IKEA Billy cage
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:30 AM  
Gemma_xo
Senior Hamster

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemma_xo
Default IKEA Billy cage

Being a huge fan of ErinsAnimals on Youtube, this video popped up in my Subs feed a day or so ago.
I wanted an IKEA detolf cage for THE longest time but on my first ever visit to IKEA, I saw the length of the Detolf and it just wasn't practical at all, Erin recently spoke about changing her Detolf Cage for something smaller and uploaded this.
IKEA Billy Cage tutorial

I have decided this is the cage for Pixie, it looks so much better then an IKEA Samla bin cage in my opinion and the Billy cage thingy will fit in perfectly with my IKEA square shelves which the cage lives on top of.

The reason I'm writing this post is because I'm a total DIY newbie, I have no idea where to start and since I'm going to have to do this alone since my friend doesn't understand why I want Pixie out of a storage bin (knowing that was always temporary!) so is refusing to help at all.

Ideas or tips or general know how things & any do's or dont's would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you