View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 05:02 AM  
Artisans_uk
PM Fluffy for custom title

Send a message via Skype™ to Artisans_uk
Default Re: Taking a Syrian on a long road trip?

I'm with Thin Lizzy and Bertiebobbins, leaving Wumbo alone is not an option...everything says a huge no to that thought. Just thinking of her having to drink old, stale water is enough to know that it's not a thought that should be entertained.

I have also used a pet sitter for the girls previously on short weekend trips away but I know they aren't always available in an area.

It looks likely that Wumbo will be coming with you. In that case, some thought should be given to the cage/carrier that she will be in during the journey. You don't want anything thing inside that could fall or move and ideally, it would be better to be able to put the seat belt either around the carrier/cage directly or have it inside something around which the seatbelt can be fastened, or the cage/carrier needs to be wedged on the car floor behind the seat. You'll want the cage to move around as little as possible.

I am sure other people will offer advice. You've got lots of time to get everything ready for her, which is great.