Thread: Dogs!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:02 PM  
DrKMcK
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Dogs!

Ooooo...ooooo.oooooo. Me! I do!
I remember Alfie. He's a gorgeous little guy, with a fantastic haircut. . You have some really wonderful photos of Alfie with the most amazing background scenery. I do understand how they get to be so very important in our lives. I couldn't be without my Yoda. Yoda's a Chihuahua who was abandoned on the street at 3 years old. His first owners deserve a really hard smack in the head for that one. Who throws a 6 pound dog out on the street?
But Yoda's only sign of those days are a notch in his ear.
I found him at the rescue in my area and I had lost my Lab/Shepard/ Chow mix a month earlier as she was sick and old and failing badly. I had her helped to the Bridge. One week later I had a heart attack. Once I returned home and went back to work I found it crazy lonely when I walked in the house, so I left work early one Friday and went to the rescue. I told them I wanted a dog no more than 10 pounds and I didn't care how old it was or what the breed was. Out they came with this scared Chihuahua. I looked at him...he looked at me...and the dog they told me was shy leaped into my lap. I looked at his little worried face and his ears and saw "Yoda" from Star Wars looking back at me. That was his name from then on.
I spent over $500.00 on clothes, food and other things he needed over the next few days and had a ball doing it too. He settled in so well and was a fast learner. Yoda is a great watchdog. I hate to admit this...but I love Amazon and I do all my shopping through the internet. I get enough packages that Yoda knows the UPS, USPS, and the FedEx trucks, which amazes the drivers because I am standing there before they get anywhere near my door. . I am hard of hearing, so Yoda knows to come get me if someone is at the door. All my dogs pick this up on their own. They are amazing creatures. He keeps me company and he's a talking point when we are outside. He gets along with all the hammies and has 3 cat buddies in the yard. I let him out and they come running to him. Yoda sleeps with me under the covers, and there is nothing funnier than his head popping out from the blanket in the mornings. I love him to pieces.

PS The first photo is my lovely Lady. The rest are Yoda...and friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lady snow.JPG (31.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2-26-2011 At Debbie's [6].jpg (93.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0095.jpg (93.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0117.jpg (89.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P5030020.jpg (87.9 KB, 9 views)