View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 12:34 PM  
WinnieTheHam
Autumn Hamstery

Default Ebby the cat needs your help!

Hi all! Ebby is my baby cat brother who is Persian x Turkish angora and is 18 years of age.

I need help with methods of giving him his pain killers. We have tried it in Tuna, Ham, His prescription food, Our other cats food, in cooked and raw chicken and in butter but non of them work! it seems he can taste it even when it's in the capsule!

He's been going back and forth to the vets the past couple of months due to drinking a lot of water and having an offensive odour coming from his ears.

In both of his ears he has Polyps blocking the ear canal which causes bacteria to grow, build up and causes an infection. The only way we can get rid of the problem is to pay out £1600 to get surgery on both ears. Unfortunately my mum is unable to pay for that. We also can't use PDSA (charity vet) because we don't meet the criteria (due to my brothers income) which is a real shame. It has lead to him becoming deaf and causing him to show stereotypical behaviours as he meows almost all the time and it's really loud!

He also has Kidney disease which he is on a prescription diet for, but he's not a fan of either the dry or wet food which is frustrating. He just goes to eat the other cat's food (we have six cats so it's extremely difficult to get them into routines)

He has really bad arthritis too which affects his back legs/hips mainly because someone kicked him when he was younger which caused his back leg to become spasm-like (it sticks out really long all the time whilst he is relaxing)

These painkillers are crucial for him to take because it'd ease so much of his pain. It makes me so upset seeing him because I know he is suffering but my mum and brother somehow can't see that he is. I don't know what to do and every time I think about all his problems it brings me to tears because he is my little brother and I can't bare to see him in pain.

Here are a couple of pictures of him -

We call him Orange because his fur is going Orange haha

Here he is with one of our other cats Ominous