View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 04:53 AM  
Enh98
Adult Hamster

Default Fishy update and meet Marvin!

For those that have been following the saga of Fishy, our sick betta, I wanted to send a quick update! After several days of being treated in Epsom salt baths he seems to have recovered as much as he's going to. We've moved him into a shallow, 2 gallon container so he can be closer to the top of the surface to breathe. He mostly hangs out there but will occasionally dart around if disturbed. He has been eating a pellet here or there. I think he will be forever disabled, lol. But he seems happier in his little bowl and has gotten his color back. So....we had his lovely little tank sitting empty and decided we'd try again with another fish now that we've learned so much about fish care. Meet Marvin! (My son clearly puts a lot of thought into naming his fish!) We're thinking Marvin is a juvenile. He seems to love his new digs. He swims so fast and explores every inch, it's hard to get a good pic of him. He's down in the right corner of this photo. We used lots of forum advice and a product called Tetra Safe Start to start the cycling process. Thank you to everyone for your help with the whole fish drama!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 48 views)
Enh98 is offline   Reply With Quote