View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 AM  
Coco61
GrannyHam

Default Please may we present-Jarvis and Mocho...

As some of you may have read, I was off to Tuftylfluffs last weekend for a baby. My daughter Dusty lost her gorgeous Hoshi at Easter but has rehomed a robo Loki since. She decided to come with me and as you hamster addicts out there will realise it is impossible to look at babies when you have an empty cage at home and a Syrian shaped hole in your heart. So we came away with 2 babies! Both were bred by Hurtle Hams
Jarvis is now at home with Dusty. His lineage is very impressive. Both parents and all 4 grandparents were bred by Tristar. He is a SH golden. I leave more to his proud owner. She will post the photos.
Mocho is with me. We noticed from the pedigrees that Jarvis's mother is Mocho's grandmother and think that makes them nephew and uncle! Both are 8 weeks but born a day apart. He is umbrous golden so noticeably the darker of the two.
Mocho is settling to the sounds and smells of his new home. He has been handled from early on and is very active. I am using the cardboard box his hamster heaven came in as a starter playpen. He now has Serendidpity's spare wodent wheel in there and loves it. He has found the bars fun and climbs all over them and knows where the large door is. He climbs there and when I open it he launches out into the world and onto me!
Last night my husband was up half the night with the election. He reported a lot of bar chewing and monkey barring across the roof. So - I was planning to wait a bit before putting his wheel in the cage. While young I could monitor his use of the wheel during playtime. But should I put it in this weekend?
Advice very welcome please.
Coco61 is offline   Reply With Quote