View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 05:03 AM  
Pompompoms
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Poorly Robo

Hiya, thanks for your tips

Jam seems to be a little better, he still hasn't gained the weight back, but he's drinking the medicine in his water really well, and being so good about taking the antibiotics from the syringe. He's fine in himself, zipping about as usual and he was out for about an hour last night climbing me and having a little sleep in my fleece for a bit, usual Jam behaviour!

He's also started eating really well again which is a relief so hopefully he'll start to gain the wieght back again in the next few days. Him tummy isn't quite back to normal, but it is improved. Both of them have gone back to the bedding they used to have.

Jam seems to be a little better, he still hasn't gained the weight back, but he's drinking the medicine in his water really well, and being so good about taking the antibiotics from the syringe. He's fine in himself, zipping about as usual and he was out for about an hour last night climbing me and having a little sleep in my fleece for a bit, usual Jam behaviour!

He's also started eating really well again which is a relief so hopefully he'll start to gain the wieght back again in the next few days. Him tummy isn't quite back to normal, but it is improved. Both of them have gone back to the bedding they used to have.

A little praise for Pets at Home as they do get a lot of stick, and credit where credit is due. I explained to them that I had got the bedding from them, and as with everything I buy for Jam and The Cloud, I asked whether it was safe for Robo's specifically, not just all hamsters as most packaging says. They told me it was, which is why they ended up with the bedding in the first place.
Having explained this to them after Jam has become ill, they have appologised profusely and contacted the manufacturer of the product regarding it's safety, promising a full investigation. I explained that five minutes on the internet will tell you it isn't in the least bit safe, but it is all very well me knowing that now when my pet has already been affected.

They refunded me for the bedding, gave me a large bag of bedding at no cost, and are paying all vet bills for Jam no matter what he needs to get well again.
When I got my Robo's and The Cloud was repeatedly attacking Jam, they provided me with a new Rody cage, and everything needed to go in it for free so they could live seperately.

I do think they are more reative than proactive, but as I said, credit where credit is due for doing what they can to make up for errors.
Pompompoms is offline   Reply With Quote