View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM  
Pompompoms
Retired Moderator

Default Poorly Robo *THE DANGERS OF FLUFFY BEDDING*

My Robo Jam has has been sick for a few days now He's lost 5g of weight, and has a bad tummy with soft poos, I first noticed that his tail was dirty, then having looked at his tummy it is too. He doesn't smell, and seems fine in himself though.

He's only eating his hamster food as opposed to any treats, and his mineral block, and he is drinking LOADS.

I took him to the vet today who has given antibiotics and a mini syringe, and some probiotics for his water. I'm not sure how I'm going to get him to take the syringe though.

His diet hasn't changed at all, I did change his bedding about 5 weeks ago to the cottonwool type bedding from rotastack to keep him warm in winter, he was fine up till last week, so I can't think what has happened.

He has a brother who although living seperately from him has exactly the same food, bedding, enviroment in and out of his cage, and he is fine. He's actually gained a little weight in the form of extra winter fluff.

I was wondering if anyone had any extra advice? I'm going to give him the meds obviously, the vet said to clean him out daily, I'm removed all his treats for the moment, so no yoghurt drops, raisins ect just dry food. I'm keeping him in the warmest part of the house.

Anything else i can do? I'm so worried about him, he's only 10 months old

Last edited by souffle; 01-27-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Pompompoms is offline   Reply With Quote