View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM  
dee
Newborn Pup

Default HELP HAMSTERS KEEP DYING

I bought my two daughters their first hamsters in jan this year from a local pet shop took them to the vet for a check up everything was ok a week later the first hamster died then the other hamster died we only had them less than two weeks . the vet assured me that we had done nothing wrong as my daughters are 11 and 14 and not youngsters their cages were immaculate they were handled properly (i had hamsters as a child myself) so went to my local pets at home bought what i thought was two females turned out that we had a boy and girl but this wasn't a issue as they were in separate cages 3 months later i had to rush the female to the local vet we had her on antibiotics but a week later she died she was about 4months old . the other hamster the male we still have but he started to go downhill so we adopted another hamster from pets at home she was fine but kept escaping her cage !! two weeks ago she got a tumor i rushed to the vets twice spent another £50 on vet costs but sadly she past away last friday ( i have spent over £100 trying to keep the hamster alive on vet costs) . my male hamster is lethargic not eating or drinking he gets up in the night takes a couple of spins in his wheel gets out and listens for the other hamster to hear her chewing on the bars of her cage SHOULD I GET ANOTHER HAMSTER ??? to save this one or will he be ok without one i really need some advise as it's my 14 year that's lost 3 hamsters in 10 months just to sheer bad luck the cages they are in(they each have the same setup) is the rotastack pod with the pink dreamland but the tubes connect to the pod not the carry case so they have plenty of room we also put the food and water in the pod and they sleep in the bed on top of the dreamland cage. we are so upset as hamsters are meant to live longer than 6 months please help me i'm really do need some advise ...
dee is offline   Reply With Quote