View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 03:17 AM  
ham888
Adult Hamster

Default Hamster is hyper then shattered - and continues

Dunno if this is a health issue or just a daft hamster. Biscuit (Syrian male, approx 6 months old) is always hyper. He's so anxious to play he'll spider the bars endlessly until out. He wakes in the evening at varying times, I think dependant on noise. And he wakes first thing when we get up for work/school.

The thing is, he just never stops, and then crashes. If he's out he's hyper all the time doing usual hamster stuff. If put back to his cage, he then will either lay down just anywhere or doze on his shelf. Last night the daft thing was so tired he was nodding off and nearly fell off the shelf, saw me and again, hyper, spidering, wanting out.

I can't imagine we're not giving him enough exercise. When he's being handled he will sometimes look tired out with his eyes half closed but just not stop. Surely it's not good for a ham to exercise so much that he will just crash like this?

Health-wise he's fine, clean and bright, no lumps or tender spots, drinking and eating all normal. Tell me it's normal!
ham888 is offline   Reply With Quote