View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:38 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Bin cages - water bottle ideas!

Yes definitely a bottle - they can get the water polluted in a dish easily or fall in it and get wet which is bad for them. Having said that, if she's tiny she'll have to get the hang of using a bottle so a dish of water at the same time would be good until she gets the hang of using the bottle, but I think they prefer a bottle anyway. Charlie used his almost straight away. I have one of these (thanks to Cypher) they come in two sizes a higher one for syrians and a lower one for dwarfs. They're not as cheap as a home made stand obviously but not a bad price and postage is reasonable (from Germany). They are also ideal for the small mouse bottles which I prefer to use and are cheap to buy.

Rodipet® TRÄNKE mit Standfuß 20.5 cm (L) (Häuser) - Rodipet® Heimtierzubehör Shop

If you don't want to faff about with google translate there is also this one on Amazon which i bought first and it's fine too - also comes from Germany but came quite quickly. I half fill these, and leave the caps fastened quite loosely so the water comes out easily - if you tap your finger over the spout it should get wet easily. I change the water every two days and it never runs out. You should change the water in a dish every day at least.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rch_detailpage

I wish i had spent the money on one of these at the start! I wasted a lot trying different water bottles!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote