View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 08:39 AM  
Christiane
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Chronic Kidney Disease / Chronic Renal Failure: diagnosis, "treatment" options

I can't thank you enough for this thread and all that detailed, useful information Hamtastic!
My older Syrian Chavez (2 years 4 months) started to drink and wee a lot, and became quite inactive, sleeping a lot, and a bit wobbly, after doing research i suspected the kidneys, i took him to the vet with a urine sample and she confirmed it. So i've started to change him over to your diet suggestions, he's getting the soup, and some additional puffed corn and dried banana chips (100% pure banana) which i thought might help his teeth too at the moment. I'm changing him over slowly as i don't want to mess him up, but i will introduce a drop or two of flaxseed oil then too. The vet wasn't keen on the Hills k/ d dog pellets (do you actually use the canine or feline version, i found both online?), but i tend to trust the forum more than the vets so that is still in my mind too. Despite the change of diet he still seems pretty wobbly, well, it's only been a few days, and he is, quite old too but i still do hope it might make a difference and he stays with us for a bit longer yet. So, thanks again for taking the time to gather and post all that very useful information!