View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 04:15 PM  
HamsterObsessed
Newborn Pup

Smile Opinions wanted :)

Hello everyone

Its been a while since I posted here - But the last time I did I got some wonderful advice about my darling dwarf hamster Perdie, So I thought I would ask some opinions from you guys

I am a huge animal lover - and I know the joy looking after animals can bring to peoples lives. I don't know about any of you but I have found it frustrating to see the lack of knowledge some small pet owners have about where their rodents have come from or been breed.
I know a large amount of pet stores and shops source their small animals from mass breeders, leading to the animals being nervous, untamed and unhealthy.
I was wondering what the opinions were on buying hamsters and other small pets such as rabbits, guinea pigs and rats?
Where did you buy your hamsters? Or any small pets?
Did you experience any health issues with them or any other problems?
Would you feel happier knowing the full history of the pet - such as when it was born, what medical attention it had received and who its parents are?
Do you think this would matter in your decision to purchase the pet.

I am really interested in starting an ethical pet shop - which sells good quality healthy toys and foods and treats for Small pets, Dogs, Cats, Birds and fish. I just wondered whether educating people on small pet breeders or rescue centres through the shop would be a popular idea?

Any opinions or feedback would be most welcome
Thank you
HamsterObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote