View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 12:17 AM  
Panda's_mommy
Hamster Addict

Default Confused about Panda's condition!!!!

Ok so as you all know Panda went to the vet at the beginning of the month because there was blood in his urine and I suspected a uti. I also thought he could possibly have Cushing's due to his rapid fur loss. The vet gave me some baytril just in case it was a uti and they took a blood sample and skin scrape. I spoke with the Dr. The next day and she said because of his kidney enzyme levels that he has Cushing's. I was devastated. After a week of being on baytril there was no more blood in urine. He's been getting baby food (chicken, peach, carrots, squash) and also eating strawberry activia yogurt. He loves all of it and still loves his hamster food. He still has a lot of energy considering he's over 2 and supposedly has Cushing's. He still eats well, grooms himself everyday, pees in his potty, runs through his tubes. I don't feel that his urine outtake is anymore than it use to be. He has lost quite a bit of fur, however I don't feel like he's lost a lot for having Cushing's. He's been missing fur for months and if it was Cushing's I feel like by this point he should be almost completely bald. I know Cushing's is very hard to diagnose and considering everything I question if that's what it is or some other disease? Considering how well he's doing for his age I'm just not sure I believe that's what he has. He did recently get one cut on a bald spot that turned into a larger wound. I received the soducrem on Thursday and it's almost completely healed. Also he doesn't have any dark patches of skin. I was reading a lot of info on hamster diseases and feel that it's a lot of other things it could be. Also if a hamster has a uti could that lead to their kidney levels being abnormal? Please I would appreciate any opinions and insight. Also his mobility is fine and his eyes are clear and bright and there's never been any discharge from his nose. Vet said his teeth looked great and his lungs and heart sounded normal.