View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 01:30 PM  
Addison Hearn
Newborn Pup

Default Please Help, hamster is biting me

Hello everyone, i have only ever had 2 hamsters before my current one( Sahara ) and my old one who passed 2 weeks ago ( Scruffy ) The thing i need help with is that my new hamster has been fine with me until yesterday, i started to tame her by hand feeding her well 2 days ago she was fine and would even eat from my palm and let me take her out for cuddles, but yesterday i found that she had pulled a blanket into her cage so i went about removing it when she came running to my hand, i thought she was just interested but then she bit me on my little finger, this caused me to fling her a bit(not on purpose i was just startled) so i gave her a treat, later that day i went to hand feed her again and it was fine when i was doing it by holding it but then when i switched to palm she ran up to me and ignored the treats and went straight for my finger and bit me, this has caused me to get weary of her so i started hand feeding her through the bars in her cage, she would happily take the treats but now if i hold my finger out to say hello through the bars she goes to bite my finger, i dont think she is doing it to harm as she goes slow about it so i think she might be confusing my finger with a treat or do you think she is doing it to actualy hurt me? i dont really know as she is the complete opposite to my old syrian, what can i do to stop this and why do think she is doing this?
Addison Hearn is offline   Reply With Quote